Coca Cola Brand Strategy

Topics: Ho Chi Minh, Lubricant, Ho Chi Minh City Pages: 2 (620 words) Published: April 4, 2013
* -------------------------------------------------
Review Lubricating Oil Viet nam market in 2012 and forwarding 2013 -------------------------------------------------
In 2012, Viet Nam GDP increased 5.2%, showed lowest after a decade of increasing continuously to 8.3% from 2003-2007 and over 6% from 2008-2011. The economic seem to  be exhausted by  a long periodic with highest inflation and bank rate interest in the world. Lubricant industrial was affected, but it show some signals recovery and development in 2013. -------------------------------------------------

+ In 2012, total consumption lubricants and grease reached 310KT with 79% of transportation lube, 19% of industrial lube and 2% grease. Around 80% total were produced (blended) local with including international brand name: Shell, BP-Castrol, Total, Chevron and local brand Petrolimex (PLC), Vilube/Motul, SaigonPetrol (SP),...and the rest 20% imported by independent brand like GS(Korea), Valvoline (US, produced in Singapore), BlackGold (Singapore),...

+ Estimating everage 4.3% development rate of Viet nam lubricants market from 2010 to 2015. After year of recession economic, we forecast only 3% increasing total consumption with 320KT, concentrated on areas industrialised around of Hanoi anh Ho Chi Minh city. Rate 55% in South, 30% in North and 15% in Central and Highland were listed in consumption. So, most of blending plant were established in South: Shell, BP-Castrol, Total/Mobil, SP, PLC, Vilube/Motul,...But Chervon and Idemitsu Kosan (under construction) located on North. Another plant of Vinacomin branded Cominlube launched 2KT for internal group companies of mining exploration in 2012 in North.

+Last year, BP-Castrol dominated to 21% market share. The second was Total with 13% after acquisition Mobil plant and he network and successful unify Lubmarine (Elf) from PLC. PLC listed 11% that will Shell's target in 2013 after gaining 8% and 9% in 2010, 2011. With ambition double market next...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Coca cola Essay
  • Essay about Coca Cola
  • Coca-Cola Marketing Mix Essay
  • Coca-Cola Company Essay
  • Beand Extension Example of Coca-Cola Essay
  • Essay about Coca Cola Marketing Plan Analysis
  • Food and Beverage Packaging Innovation: Coca-Cola and Other Brands Essay
  • Coca cola life Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free