1) A group of ideas, assumptions, and generalizations that interpret and illuminate observations that have been made about human growth is referred to as a ____________ theory.
[Q2] Multiple Choice - 1 point
2) _________theorists try to make sense out of observations and construct a story of the human journey from infancy to adulthood.
[Q3] Multiple Choice - 1 point
3) Which theory answers the question: Do early experiences of neglect or attachment linger into adulthood?
[Q4] Multiple Choice - 1 point
4) Which theory answers the following: Does learning depend on specific instruction, punishment, and examples?
[Q5] Multiple Choice - 1 point
5) Which theory answers the following: Is survival a human instinct?
[Q6] Multiple Choice - 1 point
6) Which theory answers the following: Does culture guide behavior?
[Q7] Multiple Choice - 1 point
7) According to your text, theories produce __________ and generate _________.
A. guidance; hypotheses
B. hypothesis; discoveries
C. discoveries; guidance
D. discoveries; hypothesis
[Q8] Multiple Choice - 1 point
A. are facts.
B. raise questions.
C. are hypothesis.
D. have no relevance to research.
[Q9] Multiple Choice - 1 point
9) Which theories in the text are described as “comprehensive, enduring, and widely applied”?
[Q10] Multiple Choice - 1 point
10) Psychoanalytic theory originated with:
A. B. F. Skinner.
B. Erik Erikson.