Directions: Complete the T-Chart Below. Select 10 diseases from this website: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/organ/circulatory_system.htm
List the disease, and write a short summary of what the disease entails.
• Behcet’s Disease: A type of vasculitis in which there is chronic inflammation of the blood vessels in the body. This can lead to aneurysms in the lungs, blindness, and meningitis.
• Moyamoya Disease: A brain blood vessel disorder. Symptoms include stroke, seizures, speech deficits, vision problems, and more.
• Meningococcal Disease: A serious infectious disease that can be life threatening and can result in permanent complications and coma, shock, and even death.
• Ischemic Heart Disease: A disease caused by reduced blood flow to the heart. Symptoms include chest pain, orthopnoea, and more.
• Von Willebrand Disease: A rare inherited blood coagulation disorder characterized by a defect in plasma protein called the von willebrand factor which leads to bleeding problems.
• Cardiovascular Disease: The general name for a wide range of heart problems which include heart attacks, angina, heart failure, and more.
• Mitral Valve Disease: Any disease of the mitral valve which is a valve that regulates the blood flow between the two chambers of the heart. Examples are mitral valve prolapse, mitral valve regurgitation, etc.
• Buerger’s Disease: A type of vasculitis in which the arteries and veins of the hands and feet become inflamed. This disease can cause blood clots.
• Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn: A condition where the mother’s blood is incompatible with that of the fetus. The fetus may develop anemia and it could also be fatal. • Coronary Heart Disease: The result of narrowing of the arteries of the heart, called the coronary arteries. This can result in the death of a portion...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document