Associate Level Material
Chronic Disease Risk Assessment
The Life Resource Center (LRC) is a valuable free tool available to University of Phoenix students. Taking some time to explore its website to discover some of the many topics, resources, and tools available is a great way to find information to enhance and support health and wellness.
Complete the following assignment:
Take one of the health risk assessments located on the LRC website. After completing the assessment, write a 500- to 750-word summary that includes the following:
• Description of the disease
• Risk factors for the disease
• Lifestyle choices you can make in your life to decrease your modifiable risk factors for this disease
To locate the health risk assessments follow these instructions:
• Login to the student website.
• Click on the Programs tab at the top of the page, and then on Life Resource Center under Services. • From the LRC home page, click on Thriving.
• Click on Health Tools.
• Click on Assess Your Health.
• Click on the Health Risks tab.
Note. Do not submit or divulge your assessment results. Results should remain private.
The chronic disease that I choose to take my risk assessment on was Cognitive Decline. This is extremely important to me as it has been my displeasure to have seen it happen to others in my life. This is also important to me in that my wife and children would be devastated to watch me turn from the individual that I am today into someone that is little better than a child. Cognitive decline has many different causes and in some ways is inevitable to all of us, but can be limited and postponed by the choices that we make throughout our lives. The disease is basically what it sounds like in that we begin to lose the ability to remember and process thought. This disease is not in itself deadly but affects quality of life for you and others in your life. Overall, up to ninety percent of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document