IELTS Speaking: Real Test
Part 2 Topic Card
Suggested questions for stage 1
1. Could you show me your identification card please? 2. Could you tell me your full name please?
3. What shall I call you?
4. Does your name have any special meaning?
5. Why do so many people change their names?
6. Is your name important to you?
Hometown or birth place
1. Where do you come from?
2. Where do you live?
3. Can you tell me something about your hometown?
4. Can you tell me some famous landscapes or scenic spots in your hometown? 5. Can you tell me some history of your hometown?
Personal background and information
1. Are you a student or do you have a job?
2. What do you like most about your study?
3. What kind of job do you prefer after graduation? 4. What is your major?
5. What do you do for living?
6. Could you tell me a typical day of yours?
7. How do you get your job?
8. Are you satisfied with your job?
9. What do you like most about your job?
10. What kind of job do you prefer in the future?
Hobby or inclination
1. What do you usually do in your spare time?
2. Do you prefer to stay alone or with your friends? 3. What do you usually do on weekends and weekdays? 4. What do you usually do when you go out?
5. What do you usually do with your friends?
6. Do you like reading?
7. What kind of books do you like best?
8. Do you like English? Why or why not?
9. What do you think of the importance of English?
10. What are good hobbies and bad hobbies? Why?
1. Why do you take the IELTS test?
2. What are you planning to do in the next five years? 3. What are you planning to do in the next ten years? 4. What is the first thing you will do when you arrive at the new place?
Suggested stage 2 questions most frequently asked in stage 1 1. Traveling
Do you like traveling?
Do you like travel alone or with your friends?
Have you traveled to other places? Where are they?
What do you usually do when you first arrive in a new place? What are the benefits of traveling?
Why do so many people like traveling nowadays?
Do you have many friends? Are they casual acquaintances or close friends? Do you prefer to stay with your family or with your friends? Do you prefer one or two close friends or many friends? Can you talk about your best friend?
How to make friends?
What do you usually do with your friends?
Is the time you spend with your friends as much as that you spend with your family?
Do you like music?
What are the benefits of listening to music?
What kind of music do you like best?
Why do you like this kind of music?
Can you say something about the transportation in your hometown? What is the common means of transport in your country? Do traffic jams often occur in your hometown or in the city where you live? How to solve the problem?
What changes in transportation have taken place in the past several years in your country?
Can you tell me an interesting building in your hometown? Can you tell me an interesting building in Guangzhou?
Suggested topics in stage 2 & related questions for stage 3 Category 1: Describing things (1 test item)
1. Describing a piece of equipment you often use at home or at work. You should say, What is it ?
What you do with it/ How to use it?
How long you have had it?
How important it is to you?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document