Children’s Rights - Essay Task
You will write an essay about what you have learned during one period of class time. Topic
Children continue to be mistreated throughout the world, despite an international law protecting children’s rights.
Structure and Purpose
The essay contains three main sections:
1. An introduction – This is the paragraph in which you respond to the topic and introduce the particular problem area you have chosen to discuss. (eg child slavery) 2. A body – You write two or three paragraphs, in which you identify specific examples of the problem you are writing about, explain that example. Each specific example and how it relates to the main problem (eg. Girls in some countries are not allowed to go to school – an example of gender discrimination) 3. A conclusion – This paragraph is where you restate your main response to the topic and refer briefly back to your examples from the body.
1. Choose your children’s rights problem (eg child slavery) and describe the details about this based on your class study.
2. Explain two examples from your class studies and one example your found using internet research and make notes on: Where this example is occurring?
What specifically is happening to children?
What is being done by the international community (eg UN or aid organisations) to stop this?
3. Identify any other relevant information you will use in your essay
4. List the main points you will make in the sections of your essay.
5. Decide on your contention.
PLANNING AN ESSAY
BRAINSTORM IDEAS/CHILDREN’S RIGHTS PROBLEMS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO WRITE ABOUT. Child trafficking
What countries it’s happening in.
Why it’s happening.
Why the slave owners don’t care about the child’s needs. STEP 2:
IDENTIFY SOME CHILDREN’S RIGHTS EXAMPLES AND WRITE OUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE SO FAR AND DECIDE ON OTHER AREAS TO RESEARCH.
The Children’s Rights problem I have chosen is: Child Trafficking
One example I will use from our class study is:
From my class example I will describe where, what and why this is happening: Where_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ What________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ Why_________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ What is being done about ? ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Another example I will use from our class study is :
From my second class example I will describe where, what and why this is happening: Where_______________________________________________________________________________...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document