REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
TAGUIG CITY UNIVERSITY
Gen. Santos Avenue, Upper Bicutan,
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT
Second Semester School Year: 2012-2013
“Enriching Myself as a Future Teacher
Through a Broader Understanding of the Child and Adolescent"
Delgado, Aicel May D.
BSE Second Year Major in English
AIMS OF THE STUDY:
* To introduce teacher education students to human growth, development and learning theories, concepts, stages, and processes- from conception to old age, focusing on the social, moral, emotional, and cognitive development of the learners whom they will be handling and/or dealing with in exercise of their chosen career.
* To describe the development of children’s ability to understand and express emotions from infancy through adolescence, and explain how teachers can foster the development of emotional competence in the classroom.
* To distinguish developmental changes in children's self-concepts and self-esteem, and discuss the ways of teachers and schools that can promote positive self-esteem of students which can also help a teacher to be effective in his profession.
* To give knowledge and develop the values and skills to effectively deal with the latter at different levels of students and also to assure that the future molders are knowledgeable enough and has the broad understanding to enter the world of teaching.
Is generally a human between the stages of birth and puberty.
* Is generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority. Child Development
* refers to the biological and psychological and emotional changes that occur in human beings between birth and the end of adolescence, as the individual
progresses from dependency to increasing autonomy because these developmental changes may be strongly influenced by genetic factors and events during prenatal life, genetics and prenatal development are usually included as part of the study of child development. Related terms include developmental psychology, referring to development throughout the lifespan, and pediatrics, the branch of medicine relating to the care of children. Developmental change may occur as a result of genetically-controlled processes known as maturation, or as a result of environmental factors and learning, but most commonly involves an interaction between the two. It may also occur as a result of human nature and our ability to learn from our environment. Human beings have a keen sense to adapt to their surroundings and this is what child development encompasses. Every child would struggle to find their culture and identity in child development.
FACTORS AFFECTING EARLY CHILD DEVELOPMENT
* Parental Interactions
Parental interactions with children can have a largely positive or negative effect on child development. Parents who spend time playing and teaching their kids through reading and by performing various types of hands-on games and activities can have a positive impact on their child's development. On the flip side, parents who ignore or neglect to interact with their children in a positive way may be hindering their healthy development. * Learning Environment
Children who are surrounded, both at home and at school/daycare facilities, by a strong learning environment that is both informative and supportive may improve their development. EffectivePhilanthropy.com reports that research has shown children exposed to poor and underprivileged educational environments tend to be at a higher risk of being negatively affected in terms of their development. *
Proper nutrition can have a direct impact on a child's development both physically and psychologically. They point out that proper nutrition is related to functional outcomes for children...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document