July 22, 2011
Chapter-by-Chapter Book Summary
* Total Number of Verses: 24
* Personage in the Chapter: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, Pharez, Zerah, Hezron, Ram, Ammin’adab, Nashon, Salmon, Boaz, Obed, Jesse, David, Solomon, Uriah, Rehobo’am, Abi’jah, Asa, Jehosh’aphat, Jeho’ram, Uzzi’ah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezeki’ah, Manas’seh, Amon, Josi’ah, Jeconi’ah, She-al’te-el, Zerub’babel, Abi’ud, Eli’akim, Azor, Zadok, Achim, Eli’ud, Ele-a’zar, Matthan, Jacob, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus.
* Main Event: The Birth of Jesus Christ (18- 25)
- Marry, the mother of Jesus Christ, became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit even she was still a virgin. An angel appeared to Joseph, the husband of Mary, and said that he should not be afraid to take Mary as His wife, the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit and she will have a son. So he did not have sexual relations with Mary until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus. * Location and Time (If Applicable): In Bethlehem of Jerusalem (Where Jesus Christ was born.)
* Teachings and lessons learned:
- The have learned in the first chapter that every human being, created by God in his own image, has genealogy and has its own purpose and will to be done here on earth for the glory of God, the father. Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God the father, also came to a mother’s womb and lives like a normal human being and has his own genealogy and purpose in this world – and that is to redeem us for our sins.
* Total Number of Verses: 23
* Personage in the Chapter: Herod, Joseph, Mary, Jesus, Balthazar, Gaspar, and Melchior.
* Main Event: The Visit of the Wise Men (1-12)
- Three wise men namely Balthazar, Gaspar, and Melchior want to see Jesus. The star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where Jesus was. They entered the house and saw Jesus. They