Chapter 7 Study Questions
1. What is meant by the term service breakdown?
a. the product or service selivered fails to meet customers expectations
2. What causes customers to become dissatisfied?
a. when a product or service fails to meet the customers wants or need or does not live up to advertised promises or standards.
3. What can you use to deal with angry customers?
a. be positive
b. acknowledge the customer's feeling or anger
d. remain objective
e. listen actively
f. reduce frustrations
g. negotiate a solution and conduct a follow-up
4. What can you do to assist indecisive people in coming to a decision? a. be patient
b. ask open-ended questions
c. listen actively
d. suggest other options
e. guide decision making
5. Why might some customers feel they have to demand things from others?
6. How can you effectively deal with rude or inconsiderate customers? 1. remain professional
2. don't resort to retaliation
7. What are some strategies for refocusing a talk-ative customer? 1. remain warm and cordial, but focused
2. ask specific open-ended questions
3. use closed-end question to control
4. manage the conversation
8. What are some strategies for preventing customer dissatisfaction? List them. 1. think like the customer
2. pamper the customer
3. respect the customer
4. exceed expectations
9.How does the emotion-reducing model work?
1. customer-focused message
3. customer-focused message
4. problem solving
5. customer-focused message
10. Why do customers defect?
1. poor service and complacency
2. inappropriate complaint resolution
3. unmet needs
11. What strategies can you use to build strong relationships with co-workers? 1. stay connected
2. meet all commitments
3. don't sit on your emotions
4. build a professional reputation
5. adopt a good-neighbor policy
12. List the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document