The Summary of Findings, Conclusions and Recommendation Based on the information presented in this feasibility study, it is recommended that the oyster mushroom chips business be pursued. The findings of this feasibility study show that the proposed business did not suffer any losses in the first four years of their operations.
Summary of Findings This part summarizes the findings that were garnered in the whole duration of the feasibility study.
The Marketing Aspect
1. The business opportunities are the target market’s growing interest in healthy food, a growing demand for high quality food, and the availability of raw materials. On the other hand, the threats the business can offer are: competitors that are established for many years who provide the same kind of product; natural calamities that can cause delays on the operations’, and changes in the price of the raw materials.
2. The factors involved that could affect the demand condition would be the image of the product. Other factors that could affect the demand condition would be the taste preference of the consumers towards crispy food chips and the competition that cannot be prevented from happening. The factors involved in affecting the supply condition are: the cost of production, natural calamities, defective machineries, insufficient knowledge in upgrading or improving production, spoilage of raw materials, and unplanned production goods.
3. The target markets for the product are the young adults to adults, the men and women, the individuals, parents, students and employees, who are fond of eating chips. Another market are those who seek finger food or snacks which are good for one’s health.
4. The selling price of the product on its first year of operations will be ₱ 35.00.
5. The product will be distributed to the consumer by means of the nearby supermarkets, groceries, and convenient stores.
6. The proponents will use intensive advertising in social networking sites and other
Bibliography: Electronic Materials Carson, Tara "Oyster Mushroom Health Benefits", 2014 Temptations" Market Highlights (April 17, 2012) http://www.scarborough.com/press-room/news/gym-goers-and-organic-shoppers-give-fast-food-temptations Jawad Ashraf, et.al “Effect of Different Substrate Supplements on Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus spp.) Production”. (2013) Jonah Micah Espejo "Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) as Medical Bandage" (2010) Mercola "The Health Benefits of Mushroom Consumption" (May 13,3013) http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/ 2013/05 /13 /mushroom-benefits.aspx "Mushrooms Strengthen Immunity: Mouse Study" Reuters Health (March 5,2009) http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/03/05 /us-mushrooms-immunity-idUSTRE52472420090305 "The Mighty Oyster Mushroom: The Workhorse of Gourmet Fungi" Huffpost Healthy Living (2013) http://www.huffingtonpost .com/paul-stamets/oyster-mushroom_b_2522084.html