11. A plurality is more than half the votes cast. (false) -the state of being plural or numerous 12. A ward is a unit into which cities are often divided for the election of city council members. (true) 13. An ideological party arises over a particular issue or crisis and soon fades away. (false) - they arise because of their beliefs on a matter and are long-lived.
14. Partisanship means membership in one of the major parties. (false) Partisanship is a noun meaning an inclination to favor one group or view or opinion over alternatives 15. they bring people together to achieve control of the government. 16. divisive because if it wasn’t for the fact they need to eventually “make up” they would go their separate ways. 17. public officeholders , partisanship
18. inbred supported by the arrangements is a principle reason why challenging to the system. By minor parties. 19. Each of the parties have their own views, and each agree on weakness, religion, and other. 20. shared the same ideals, same basic, principles, and the same patterns of belief. 21. a- federalist
B- alexander hamliton and support constitution
22 a – civil war signaled it
B one party domination
23 American political landscape – franklin Roosevelt election 24 The present era is known as the era of divided government. Neither party has consistently held on to the presidency. Congress is also usually controlled by the opposing party as well.
25- The four types of minor parties consist of the ideological parties, the single-issue parties, the economic protest parties and the splinter parties. 26. The Election of 1912 Roosevelt created The Progressive Party a.k.a the Bull Moose Party. Roosevelt beat Taft in electoral votes. 27 the president is the parties leaders
28. leader of the national committee
29. 1. Republican or demo.
2 split- ticketing voting
3. parties = open
4. changing of technology
31. yes because everyone has the own opinion and that is what the us is made up of.. everyone’s...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document