1) Which of the following is true with respect to surface-level diversity? D) It refers to differences in easily perceived characteristics, such as gender and race.
2) ________ diversity refers to diversity with respect to attributes that are less easy to observe initially but that can be inferred after more direct experience. D) Deep-level
3) In a workplace, ________ involves overt threats or bullying directed at members of specific groups of employees. A) intimidation
4) April's colleague Nathan has consistently pestered her to go out on a date with him. Though she has refused his offer several times, he keeps persisting. She found an envelope on her desk from Nathan with inappropriate pictures and cartoons, which left her infuriated. She now intends to go discuss the matter with the human resource department of her company. Which of the following forms of discrimination is April most likely to cite? A) sexual harassment
5) Stacy Hanes is an African-American woman who has recently taken her first job and does not seem to like the work environment at all. Her colleagues put down her ideas at team meetings and refer to them as "stupid." In addition, they make fun of her race and often ask her if she is educated enough to work for the company. Which of the following kinds of discrimination is Hanes most likely subject to? A) mockery
6) Raylon Inc. needs to hire a new floor supervisor. As the company has recently made an effort to increase diversity within the organization, the HR team wants to hire a qualified female candidate for the role instead of adequately qualified male candidates. However, top management insists that optimal performance is the top priority and that the candidate hired should be the person best suited for the job. Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen HR's case for hiring the female candidate? E) Both candidates have the qualifications required to perform up to expectations.
7) Rene Cox works as a media...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document