“CHANNEL TRACKING IN
WIRELESS OFDM SYSTEMS”
A Project report submitted in partial fulfillment of
requirements for the award of degree of
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Under the esteemed guidance of
Mr. P.Anil Kumar
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING A1 GLOBAL INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Approved by A.I.C.T.E
Affiliated to J.N.T.U Kakinada
A1 GLOBAL INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Approved by A.I.C.T.E, Affiliated to J.N.T.U Kakinada
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
This is to certify that the project work entitled “CHANNEL TRACKING INWIRELESS OFDM SYSTEMS” is the original work done by B.M. SAI SATHEESH (097Y1A0404), during the year 2012- 2013 in partial fulfillment for the award of degree of “Bachelor of Technology” in Electronics and communication Engineering of the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. It is certified that all corrections/suggestions indicated for internal assessment have been incorporated in the report deposited in the library. The project report has been approved as it satisfies the academic requirements in respect of project work prescribed for the Bachelor of Technology Degree. Name of the students Roll No B.M.SAI SATHEESH 097Y1A0404 A.DIVYA NAGESWARI 097Y1A0401 A.SONTOSH KUMAR 097Y1A0402 A.NARAYANA BABU 097Y1A0403 A.SUNEEL KUMAR 097Y1A0437
HOD of ECE
P.Anil Kumar Bhagyalaxmi Lecturer
We express our profound thanks to Mr. P.Anil Kumar for his valuable guidance and patience he rendered to us in the completion of our project successfully.
We are glad to express our sincere thanks and respect to our Head of the Department, M. Bhagya laksmi for supporting and encouraging us for doing our project in the college premises.
We extend our sincere gratitude to our principal, who has made the atmosphere so easy to work.
Our special thanks to all the staff of ECE department who helped us in our project in whatever possible way they could.
B.M.SAI SATHEESH (097Y1A0404) A.DIVYA NAGESWARI (097Y1A0401) A.SONTOSH KUMAR (097Y1A0402) A.NARAYANA BABU (097Y1A0403) A.SUNEEL KUMAR (097Y1A0437)
The main purpose of this research is to estimate channel and also track channel so that at the receiver a noise free signal can be obtained. OFDM is a multicarrier technique in which the transition of data will be done by dividing the stream into multiple parallel bit streams and a then the signals are modulated with sub-carriers. By this the complexity of the receivers will be very high. To optimize the receiver, channel estimation and channel tracking will be helpful. In channel estimation the pilot tones are introduced into all subcarriers at transmitter which will...
Bibliography: * Adachi, F. and Parsons, J. D. (1989) Error Rate Performance of Digital FM Mobile Radio with Post detection Diversity, IEEE trans. Commun, Volume 37, no. 3, pp. 200-210.
* Andrew Miceli (2003) Wireless technician 's handbook, Artech House Publishers, pp.292.
* A.P.Godse andU.A.Bakshi(2008) Basics of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technical publishers, pp.822.
* Banelli, P. (2003) Theoritical Analysis and Performance of OFDM Signals in Nonlinear Fading Channels, IEEE transactions on wireless communications, Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 284-293.
* Blachman N. M. (1964) Bandpass nonlinearities, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol.10, pp.164.
* Bruce Helling Sworth and Patrick hall and Howard Anderson (2001) Higher national computing, newnws publishers, pp.480.
* Chris Gratton and Ian Jones (2004), Research methods for sport studies, Routledge Publishers, pp.288.
* Citrix (2009) “Orthogonal frequency –division modulation”, [internet] available at URL: <http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,sid7_gci523666,00.html>, [accessed on 2009].
Please join StudyMode to read the full document