Teaches moral values in its point of view. But no one is aware of such kind of moral values in The Holy book. For example, how many children's know the religious thought from their school days! Though school has moulded a good student to the society, they are not considering the student contribution on society. Then how do they know Moral values in their life. Moral values should be taught by school. The Government of India should include the moral value as one of the subject. Then only Moral values will spread over the students. - Nowadays, smoking, hukka parlours, drinking, late night parties, exposure of physical beauty, pubs are considered as status symbols. Persons not doing these things are considered old fashioned or stereo type. Simplicity and etiquettes were things of the past.
- People want to earn either by hook or crook. They don't care if their acts are in agreement with moral values. They can sell their moral values for money because money now buys status.
- Everyone knows the dirty game of politics that is being played nowadays. If our "respected" politicians had good ethical values, they would have not been only concerned with filling their own pockets in place of developing our poor country.
- To be religious is now mocked at by most of the people. Instead of learning some good things from "Satsang", people enjoy criticizing the Saints.
- Chain snatching and horrendous acts like rape are common terms in newspaper and news channels.
- Physical appearance is all that matters in a person. Even players are not identified by their runs and goals but by their looks.
Thus it will not be an exaggeration to say that morals and values of people are degenerating. I think that moral values of the youngsters of India are degenerating day by day because of our mimicry of the western culture. Moreover we are all aware of the fact that crime against women are increasing day by day. This is because of our narrow mindedness towards women. Yes most definitely the morals and values of our youth are regressing day by day. How can you argue with me when it is the plain truth? What can you conclude upon seeing a group of teenagers sitting at a restaurant together and instead of talking they are texting on another. Doesn't it seem obvious to you my dear reader that morals and values are declining as a result of advancing technology. Families stopped visiting and merely communicate via social networks. It is ridiculous. We are slowly but surely falling prey to technology and its about time we get our facts straight. Ponder over it. Our world Is in our hands. We either choose to be victorious or fall victims. Changing Values In Indian Culture
Nature Of Indian Culture
From ancient times India is known for diversity and prosperity in its Culture. It has one of the oldest civilization and culture in the world. Despite of such diversity Indian culture has the immense power to unite peoples together. There are fifteen national languages recognized by the Indian constitution and these are spoken in over 1600 dialects. With language changing across different parts of country, culture is also diverse. The Culture of India has played a vital role in its civilization.
We all know that Change is the law of nature. This law is governing almost everything in this universe and so as the Indian Culture. Over Centuries Indian Culture has influenced by a lot of changes and many of them have incorporated in this culture remaining the other features intact. These Changes are more or less like two faces of a coin. Some changes are beneficial for our society and culture, and some others are dangerous. In other words these changes have both Positive and Negative aspects. Changes In Indian Culture that are Positive for Indian Society A few Centuries ago “Sati pratha” was abolished and “widow remarriage” was approved. These Changes were the major achievements of Indian Society. These changes have removed the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document