What I See As The Biggest Challenges Young Adults Face Today
The general purpose of this speech is to show the various problems affecting young
today. They pose a major risk to the lives and well being of the individuals and their
The specific purpose for the speech is to create an overall understanding of the
circumstances that have left young adults vunerable to these problems and, the measures
it will take to remedy the problem.
In the society that we have grown up in, the youth are continuing to face numerous
problems that ultimately hinder their development and there lives. These problems require
immediate attention from all aspects of life and, we need to come up with a solution to help
young adults with their personal and professional development.
A. Did you know about 16 million girls aged 15-19 give birth each year? B. In the United States 86% of 14 year old have tried alcohol and 5% have used drugs. C. There are 12 types of bullying in the Us that have been recognized.
A. Pregnancy is affecting young adults more each year.
1. The peer pressure and lack of sexual education has caused adolesent pregnancy to
become more apparent.
2. The society we are shown is teaching young adults that it is ok to parent a child
no matter what age you are.
B. Alcohol and drug abuse is increasing at a high rate among young adults.
1. The demands and frustrations of this society cause many young adults to find
themselves engaged in excessive alcohol consumption or drug abuse.
2. Drugs and alcohol have been made easily available to young adults, which has
aggravated the drug and alcohol problem.
C. Bullying has taken an unexpected rise in young adults recently.
1. Bullies can come in all shapes, ages, and sizes.
2. It has been proven that one out of four people have or will bully someone.
Pregnancy, alcohol and drug...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document