Cement industry in Bangladesh is not very old industry. Producing cement and establishment of cement factory started from 1992.Athough it has done well in its sector.
Cement industry is a blooming sector in Bangladesh.This report on cement industry has following objectives:
• to know the growth and performance of cement industry in Bangladesh
• To compare the position of Bangladesh in cement industry with other countries cement industry in the world
• how to become the cement industry a source of foreign money
• To make our economy be strong by developing cement industry.
• To encourage all to invest their money in this sector
The source of data of the reporter as followings:
• The internet.
• The websites of Cement industry ,Dhaka stock exchange, Bangladesh bank
• To collect annual report- 2009 of cement industry
• A publication of Bangladesh economic review 2009
Findings & Solutions
3.1 Overview of cement industry in the world
3.1.1 Cement industry in Chaina
China is, by far, the world’s largest cement producer with an estimated production of over 570 million tons in 2000.Per capita cement output has reached 448 kg, which is about 200 kg higher than the world average. At the founding of the People’s Republic of China in 1949, total national production was only 660,000 tons per year. By 1985, China had become the world’s leading producer. It has retained the leading position for sixteen years, and now produces about 36 percent of the world’s cement. The next three largest producers— the United States, India, and Japan—produce less than 20 percent of the world’s cement combined.
Chinese planners project that cement output will increase by 3.4 percent annually during the Tenth Five-Year Plan (2001–2005) and by 2.9 percent during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2006–2001). They anticipate producing 660 million tons by 2005, 750 million tons by 2010, and 800 million tons