Answer the following questions using your NOTES, TEXTBOOK, and VOCABULARY. If you use another website, you MUST cite it in your answer.
1. What does the term “independence movement” mean?
● That people are getting together to make a movement against their tyrant to gain
Independence from them.
2. Which nation did the colonists’ wish to be independent from?
● They wished to be independent from the British
3. Define mercantilism as practiced in the colonies, in your own words as much as possible, use a dictionary if necessary.
● It made sure that goods were not brought to a place on a foreign ship and that exclusive materials were shipped to the colonies. It also limited wages.
4. Why might the colonists’ have felt that mercantilism was an unfair system?
● It didn't always benefit everyone the colonies for some goods can not be brought
over in this system to the colonies.
5. In your opinion, which Enlightenment idea(s) had the most influence on the colonists? Why?
● I think that Benjamin Franklin's idea of electricity and discovering it and bringing it to our country. because without that we wouldn't be as far as we are with the electricity we have today.
6. What was the Great Awakening?
● It was a religious revival in American religious History that occurred in the 18th and early 19th century.
7. Describe how a population explosion and experiences of colonial self-rule might have contributed to the movement.
● Yes cause it shows that we can survive on our own without the help of the brithish government and that we were doing just fine until they thought that they should rule us because were there original 13 colonies.
8. After the French and Indian War, there was less of a need for British troops by the colonies, why?
● When the french lost they grew apart because Britain wanted to govern it original
13 colonies and the territories gained in the war in a uniform way.
9. Very briefly describe at least one of the