Technical Question (knowledge)
Behavioral Management Style (Staff motivation, Staff communication) Evidence of Management-Related Competencies (Delegation of Tasks and Responsibility)
1) How long have you worked as a supervisor?
2) How many employees reported directly to you in your management job? (You are asking about the number of employees whom he or she directly supervised with performance assessment and compensation assignment responsibilities.)
3) Describe the exact responsibilities and activities over which you had oversight for these employees.
4) If I were to interview the people who have reported to you in the past, how would they describe your management style?
5) If I were to interview your reporting staff members, how would they describe your strengths and weaknesses as a manager and supervisor? 6) Give me an example from your past work experiences, about a time when you had an underperforming employee reporting to you. How did you address the situation? Did the employee’s performance improve? If not, what did you do next?
7) Rate your management skills on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing excellent management skills. Provide three examples from your past work experiences that demonstrate your selected number is accurate.
8) Describe the work environment or culture and its management style in which you have experienced the most success.
9) Tell me about a time when you had a reporting employee who performed very well. The employee exceeded goals and sought more responsibility. Describe how you handled this situation day-to-day and over time.
• Describe three components of your philosophy of management that demonstrate what you value and add, as an individual, to an organization’s culture and work environment. • What factors are crucial within an organization and must be present for you to work most effectively? • Tell me about a time when you reorganized a department or significantly changed employee work assignments. How did you approach the task? How did the affected employees respond to your actions? • One of the jobs of a manager or supervisor is to manage performance and perform periodic performance reviews. Tell me how you have managed employee performance in the past. Describe the process you have used for performance feedback. • When you have entered a new workplace in the past, as a manager or supervisor, describe how you have gone about meeting and developing relationships with your new coworkers, supervisors, and reporting staff. • As a manager or supervisor, one of your jobs is to provide direction and leadership for a work unit. Describe how you have accomplished this in the past.
Another set of examples:
What methods have you used to evaluate employee's job performance?" "What experience do you have in setting budgets?"
"What systems have you developed and implemented to improve operating efficiency in your department?" The interview will focus on questions that look for evidence of management-related competencies. You will be asked to provide specific examples of when you have demonstrated the required competency. You should reflect on your past experiences, select appropriate examples and plan your response using the following structure: ▪ Describe the specific situation or task you were involved in ▪ Detail the action and steps you took in the situation ▪ Outline the results and outcome of your actions. What happened, what was accomplished, what did you learn? Go through the manager interview questions that explore the essential competencies for a management or supervisory position. Use the answer guidelines to help you prepare your own excellent answers. Judgment and Decision-making
"Tell me about a tough decision you had to make recently at work , how did you go about making the decision?" "Describe a problem you recently experienced with an employee who reported to you, how did you solve it?"...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document