Catch Me If You Can
Save as L19LastnameCMIYC.docx
Use the links listed on the Homework page to answer the following questions. Use complete sentences to answer and type your answers in Red.
1. List and describe scams Frank Abagnale Jr. did until he was caught. How was he able to elude the FBI?
Frank Abagnale forged checks and impersonated important people such as a doctor, a lawyer, and an airline pilot. He was smart enough to scam the FBI by telling them lies and staying ahead of their persecutions.
2. Are there any precautions in the system today that would prevent Abagnale’s being successful with the scams he committed? Explain your response. There are many precautions in the system today that are put in place because of people like Frank who try to make trouble.
3. Frank Abagnale Jr. was obviously a very intelligent young man, how might he have used his intelligence toward contributing to society? What changes did he make toward becoming an outstanding citizen when given the opportunity to make changes? Frank was ver inteligent. He definitely could’ve been a successful lawyer or a CEO.
4. Do you believe someone who has made the mistakes Frank Abagnale Jr. made should be given a second chance? Does the fact that he was very young when he started his life of crime affect your decision? Why or why not? I do believe they deserve a second chance, but don’t believe that they should be in the FBI. His age does affect my decision because he has time to change. If he was older I think that he should’ve been locked up.
5. Abagnale today works for the FBI as one of the best experts in the field of bank fraud. Does this cause you to respect him as you would someone who never committed a crime? Explain. No it doesn’t because you can never take away the fact that he committed his crimes. It definitely does make him look better in my eyes though.
6. Has reviewing these articles made you aware of some of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document