CASE STUDY (HRMTRENT)
*UCC Vienna Café – SM North, the Block
1. BACKGROUND DESCRIPTION
* Founded in 1933 in Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan, UCC has taken over all aspects of its coffee business. It has since expanded to several countries and it has several branches in the Philippines alone.
2. AREAS OF CONCERN
* Patronizations of its products are low due to its expensive price. * Quick Service Restaurants are its competencies.
* More female attendants than male attendants.
3. SWOT ANALYSIS
* Since many Filipinos love Japanese dishes, UCC Vienna Café features this kind of cuisine. They have curry rice, gratin, pasta, pizza and risotto. * They provide great service, soft and cozy chairs and excellent dishes. * They have a buzzer in every table which you may press so attendants will attend to you and take your order. * Its concept is likened to the ambiance of a quaint café inside a prominent hotel. With its signature chic interiors and sophisticated ambiance, Vienna Café is a good choice to hold business meetings or social functions that require a more serious and structured forum. * Vienna Café also offers a pleasant breather for entrepreneurs and sophisticated urbanities that are constantly on the go. b. WEAKNESSES
* Products are expensive.
* Location is not too appealing to customers that’s why only a few people go there. * Fast foods are its competencies.
* They promote Japanese dishes which a lot of people, especially young adults, love. * The way the attendants approach the customers are notable and impressive. * The environment is relaxing.
* Opportunity for female graduates is high.
* Starbucks and other not too expensive coffee shops have higher rate on sales than UCC. * Fast foods are everywhere.
* More Filipinos patronize other cuisines rather than Japanese dishes.
* More advertisements...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document