FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE
ACADEMIC YEAR 2011/2012 Jan 2012 TRIMESTER
UBMM2023 ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
1. Ice-breaking session.
2. Self introduction by tutor and students.
3. Briefing on unit plan and assignments
4. Tutorial expectation and student’s participation
5. Team formation for group assignment. (approximately 5-6 members per group)
6. Explain the term Organizational Behavior (OB).
1. Why do managers need to study Organisational Behaviour (OB)?
2. The changing workforce is one of the emerging trends in organizational behavior. Describe how the workforce is changing and briefly identify two consequences of these changes for organizations.
3. A courier service laid off a large percentage of its production staff during last year's recession. These low-skilled employees performed routine tasks filling orders. The company now wants to rehire them. However, most of the unskilled employees have since found employment in other companies and industries. Do you think the courier company lost much intellectual capital in this situation? Explain your answer.
4. List and explain the four philosophical anchors of organizational behavior.
5. Comment on the accuracy of the following statement and explain your answer: "Companies improve organizational citizenship only by hiring employees with the right values."
1. Define employee engagement and discuss the MARS model of individual behavior.
2. Store #34 of CDA Hardware Associates has had below average sales over the past few years. As head of franchise operations, you are concerned with the continued low sales volume. The store manager wants you to diagnose the problem and recommend possible causes. Use the MARS model of individual behavior and performance to provide four different types of reasons why