Problematic : Jill Smart has to hire 2,000 management consultants in a year and in the same time to solve the issue of the lack of specialized labor in India for its company, with the aim to develop it quickly and also to face the hard competition for India’s technical, intellectual, and managerial talent in this domain.
Symptoms /Problems :
- Many foreign firms which have been relocated in Asia, have allowed India to grow quickly thanks to the skilled work force of the west workers.
- The activity of the company ‘Accenture’ was very difficult to start due to the lack of knowledge of the field of business activity, as an IT services provider, across the country.
- Competition is tough in India, because there are many companies that offer the same services as the firm 'Accenture'.
- Before 2001 : The recruitment process was not adapted.
- “The issue is not the supply of talent, but identifying the right person at the right time at the right place at the right cost.”
- ‘’In part, the shortage stemmed from an HR curriculum in Indian business schools that focused on the role of HR in a manufacturing environment and did not give students enough training on the practices, issues, and challenges of HR in a services organization.’’
- Before 2001 : The global head of human resources, Jill Smart, had to revise its management of human resources policy and thus had to improve the strategy of recruiting qualified staff, in the way to be able to achieve the objectives sought by the headquarter. He also had to train employees to keep them profitable.
- After 2001 :
Jill Smart needs a masterplan to hire quality consultants in a short time.