Case Study Bmw

Topics: Mercedes-Benz, Daimler AG, Carsharing Pages: 6 (2193 words) Published: May 28, 2013

BMW was founded in 1913, and established as we know it now a day’s BMW AG in 1917. In the beginning BMW produced aircraft motors but after the Second World War they been forced to cease the production of aircrafts, they shift to the production of motorcycles in 1923, and following in 1929 the production of automobiles. The first car that BMW produce successfully was the Dixi. The logo was first used in advertisement in 1929. A huge crisis hit BMW in 1959 there were on a financial difficulty and the shareholders held to decide whether to go in liquidation or to find a way to carry on. Finally BMW decided to carry on, they eventually started buying enterprises and the company started getting up in 1994 they bought the British rover group they owned it for six years because rover was incurring in huge financial losses and BMW decided to sell it, they stick with mini launched it in 2001

Daimler-Benz AG was a German manufacture of automobiles, motor vehicles and internal combustion engines founded in founded in 1926 by the merge of Benz & Cie and Daimler Motoren Gesellchaft. Daimler-Benz most known as Mercedes-Benz created in the World War II al types of motors, submarine, cars and aircrafts. In 1998 Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler Corporation forming DaimlerChrylerAG , the group sold Chrysler eventually it rename as Chrysler LLC and the company within two months rename themselves as Daimler AG simply. Mercedes-Benz is one of the best known and established automotive brands in the world, its also the world's oldest automotive brand still in existence today Updating

BMW now a days is one of the most important brand in the marked of luxury cars with his direct competitor Mercedes Benz, in 2008 BMW sold approximately 53.197 millions of Euros, reducing theirs sells of 2007 by 3 million Euros, the shareholder structure is divided like this: Stefan Quandt: 17,4%, Johanna Quandt: 16,7%, Susanne Klatten 12,6%, and in free float: 53,3%. Its estimate that 56% of the vehicle BMW produce are power by petrol engines and the other 44% by diesel engines, the annual production of BMW presents in 2010 a production of 1,236.989 of BMW, MINI 241,043, Rolls-Royce 3,221 and motorcycles 112,271. The car-sharing launches in 2012 on December the program DriveNow operates over 1000 vehicles in the world and 60,000 costumers. Making BMW an innovating brand that wants to respond to all the customer demand Mercedes Benz now a days represent for many people around the world luxury and a high status, the one that have a Mercedes car is a successful person, until 2009 Mercedes Benz produced a limited production of sport cars with the collaboration of Mclaren, Mercedes enter to team Mclaren formula one race. Mclaren ceased in 2009 the collaboration and went to develop its own car the Mclaren MP4-12C, launched in 2011. Mercedes throughout the years had maintained a high reputation for its quality and durability at the moment Mercedes has about 18 model of car, also trucks, buses and vans. The car sharing program that they launched car2go recently added all electric fleets in Amsterdam and San Diego in 2011, they want to make the costumers life more easy, as a difference with zipcar the costumers doesn’t need to let the car in the same place he found it. Recently the market has develop the preoccupation of the environment affect the industries of all kind, Mercedes Benz assume this change in the environment as well of other brands and develop new concept of hybrid cars presented at the largest event of the industries of vehicles, the Frankfurt motor show.

People involved
Norbert Reithofer was born the 29 of may 1956 in Germany, he is de CEO of BMW AG, also Chairman of the broad of management. For his way of manage the company he had received awards such as grand decoration of honours in gold in 2005, Bayerischen Verdienstorden in 2010 and Chevaliers of the Légion d'honneur in 2012. Norbert is a good example of a businessman...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Bmw Case Study Essay
  • case study Essay
  • Essay on Case Studies
  • case study Essay
  • Case study Essay
  • case study Essay
  • Effective Communication Case Study Essay
  • case study methods Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free