Submitted by: Adarsh
• 1984 and 2011 are very different markets and different consumers. Consumers needs and wants keeps on increasing over a period of time.
• Seeing this growth as an opportunity, giants organized retailers have started their hypermarket and supermarket chain, stocking a very wide range of product varieties in their stores.
• With the mushrooming of giant organized retailers in the market the name of one the pioneers in FMCG retailing “Apna Bazaar” began to fade away in the minds of especially the newer generation.
• In order to attract and retain more and more customers, Apna Bazaar has to be at par with the big retailers in terms of product varieties, prices & services. So, the strategy that “Apna Bazaar” could take up would be to induce more product lines into their product portfolio range keeping in mind giving full services to its customers about the products.
• As we discussed in the classes also that earlier Apna Bazaar didn’t do much of the advertising for their brand, but now the time has changed, consumer is changed, now there is a tough competition and to survive in this market they market their brand.
The challenges for Apna Bazaar
i)Strong competition from other big organized retailers.
iii)New range of product varieties.
• It should set-up its stores in the right location where it can reached its maximum target customers.
• It can organize a delivery van (store on wheels) stocking varieties of items in it and go and sell to its customers.
• Now days people are using more of internet, so they can open their online website where consumer can shop.
• They have to emphasize more on decor of the store because now consumer is very particular about that.
• They have come up...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document