Many senior employees resent her that she so young to fill the position and what made them more upsets was the fact tax managers did not discuss the promotion.
1.What can Mary Roberts do about the resentful senior employees? Mary should tackle this head on she should be direct and assertive about her expectation and when people are crossing the line that means she need to be clear with people when their behavior doesn’t meet her standards and she need to be willing To set and enforce consequence if it doesn’t change
2. Can higher management do anything to help Roberts make the transitions to greater responsibility?
Yes, because they are the one who put her in that position of course they will help Mary interms of guiding it `.
3. Will her lack of technical knowledge hinder Mary’s managerial effectiveness?
No , because lacking on some aspects on technical knowledge cant bankrupt or destroy a company as long she have a guts to face and accepts failures
4. Should Mary’s superior have discussed the promotion with the senior employees before announcing it?
No ,because its not their obligation to discuss it with the employee interms on promoting someone because higher management chooses who deserve and employees should accept it.
5. Could some of the resentment be based on the fact that Mary Roberts was a young woman?
No ,because as long she love the job there is no resentment.
6. Should she have turned down the promotion to gain more technical experience?
No ,because she is qualifiedfor the position ,not because many higher managers believed in her its because she had s leadership ability and commitment to her