Case Study Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to give you an opportunity to practice your critical thinking and writing skills in light of a pressing case in contemporary business ethics. As well, the aim of this assignment is for me to give you feedback on your writing and thinking habits so as to set you on the path to strengthening these crucial skills.
This assignment is worth 15% of your final grade and will be marked out of 15.
Please read the following instructions carefully.
1. Read Case 2 “The Business of Water” (pp. 85-88) in our textbook.
2. Using an essay format (intro, thesis, body, conclusion) discuss your response to the following two questions:
a. Who are the main stakeholders of beverage companies such as Coca-Cola and Nestlé in this case? How would you prioritize their stakes and how legitimate are the different stakes?
b. Think of the privatized water companies in this case in terms of the extended view of corporate citizenship. What are the specific governmental roles they have taken on? Evaluate their performance from this perspective.
Aim to demonstrate the following:
* Essays should be between 3-5 double-spaced pages. Title page and bibliography is excluded from the page requirements.
* Please use APA format and style for ALL citations and bibliography. If you are unclear about APA requirements, please refer to their official web page at: http://www.apastyle.org/
* Please use professional writing style – that is, be formal and detailed and avoid using colloquial language (text-speak, slang). Imagine you are writing a report for an employer.
| Evidence of summary skills and ability to paraphrase main ideas or concepts shall be considered.
| Demonstration of critical thinking skills and organization of ideas; pointing out key critical problems and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document