CASE STUDY AND ANALYSIS
I. TITLE OF THE CASE
II. POINT OF VIEW
III. TIME FRAME
IV. AREAS OF CONSIDERATION
A. Company Background
Andy Garfallo an Italian restaurant owner and manager, whose restaurant is celebrating 25th anniversary and continuously offering his recipe for success since founded. Andy is a type of manager who is not only a boss but a manager and a teacher as well. But just like any other business Andy is also confronted with problems particularly his three managers. Kelly, manager in the kitchen, Danielle, who works out front in the restaurant and Patrick who works both front and kitchen, and had been in the restaurant since 4 yrs. These three managers have their own strengths to be proud of but also they have weaknesses that Andy would like to change. He wants his employees to be “A” players in all aspects of their work especially if they are no longer working with him. Andy provides coaching and mentoring for them to improve more on their chosen endeavors.
B. SWOT ANALYSIS
1. People flock on the restaurants because of good foods offering 2. Support system approach in his leadership with his employee 3. Teacher and mentor approach to his employee for the improvement 4. Dedicated to work (works 12 hrs. a day)
5. Andy’s Italian restaurant nets 30% profit yr. in and out 6. He has a signature food offering (specialty foods)
7. The zeal of commitment and being what you should be in business
1. Personality of his three managers
2. Not trying different foods to get people come
3. He spent little times spending in numbers and less interest on profit margin OPPORTUNITIES
1. People notion on the food offering of Andy’s Restaurant THREAT
1. Competition, other restaurants
V. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
How to impart the necessary skills needed for success in business?
1. To be an “A”...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document