Pages Research Statement
Introduction and Purpose of Research
Definition of Terms
6 - 9
Data Collection Source
10 - 11
Presentation of Findings
12 - 16
Interpretation of Findings
17 - 19
Discussion of Findings
20 - 21
26 - 29
What impact does the Church of the Open Bible have on the social lives of youths living in the Bushy Park Community? Research Objectives
* To determine how Christianity has impacted on the lives of the people in the bushy park community. * To find out the features of Christianity.
* To use findings to make recommendations about the impact of Christianity on society. * To identify the level of aspirations that Christianity gives Research Questions
1. What are the impacts of Christianity on the lives of people in Bushy Park? 2. What are the features of Christianity?
3. How does Christianity inspire an individual?
4. Why do individuals attend church?
This project is the fruit of concerted efforts. An internal assessment of this magnitude was effectively compiled with the assistance and contribution of a number of individuals; gratitude must be extended to such persons. The researcher would like to thank God almighty for giving him the health and strength he need to complete this Caribbean Studies Internal Assessment, so as to meet the requirements of the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination syllabus. The researcher would like to give credit to his teacher Mrs. Thomas for the role she played in outlining the task I am expected to perform. I would like to express my warmest thanks to my friends at school who contributed significantly to my project.
Finally, I would like to say thanks to the staff at the school’s computer labs that went beyond the call of duty to ensure that the necessary resources were available and the attention was forth coming so that my project was completed efficiently.
This study is geared towards finding out how the youths of Bushy Park community in May Pen, Jamaica are impacted by Christianity. The researcher is of the idea that Christianity has played an integral role in the lives of the people living in the community. Informal interviews with teens and young adults of the community indicated that Christianity has changed the lives of many individuals living in the community. This study therefore aims to assess the community of Bushy Park, seeking examples of Christianity impacts on individuals and how it has impacted on their lives.
The community of Bushy Park is located in the parish of Clarendon and has a population no more than one hundred and twenty person mainly young adults and children. The community has a rich tradition of followers of Christ which has lead to the community forming its own church.
The researcher chooses this topic because of the increasing amount of arguments arising about the impact of Christianity on teens and young adults worldwide. The researcher who has also has some special interest i the topic and wanted to explore more, sees this as an opportunity to do so. The research sees a lot of educational values arising from carrying out this research which includes; adding to the knowledge based of individuals about the impact of Christianity as a part of the entire impact of religion on individuals as well groups and institutions which is a topic studied in the subject. Definition of Terms
Bibliography: * Faith Facts. (2008). Retrieved November 16, 2010, from Faith Facts Website: http://www.faithfacts.org
* Lecky, W
* Novak, M. (2002). Democracy & Religion in America.
* Petrescu, A
* University, O. (2002). Oxford Dictionary. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
* White, E. G. (1948). Testimonies of the Church. In S. Bacchiocchi, Christian Dress and Adornment (p. 180). California: Mountain View.
* Williams, J. (2007). Inplainsite. Retrieved January 8, 2011, from Inplainsite Website: http:www.inplainsite.org
Please join StudyMode to read the full document