"Can Sudan Slipt Without Falling Apart"
1. What does the fact that families like Achai Chol's are leaving northern sudan indicate?
-The people would rather be in Southern Sudan fighting for independence
-To stop the war
-Create a better life for the families
2. What is the thesis of this article?
-The thesis of the article is that Sudan has been unstable over the period of the two wars. The south did not identify with the Arab led Sudanese society and created a referendum on southern independence. The two halves of the nation fight in an crucial war killing millions while trying to fix the issues. 3. What size is Sudan compared to the other african nations?
- Sudan is Africa’s biggest country.
4. How do the two halves of the nation differ?
-The two halves of the nation differ in race, religion and culture 5. What role has the United States played in Sudan's history?
- The United State’s arranged a Comprehensive Peace Agreement to end the conflict , creating an self- ruling southern region and holding out the option of secession if the south. 6. What is the souths choice?
- The south chose was to agree to the CPA to separate the south from the north. 7. What do the words of Kiir Mayardit," This is the final part of our journey," have in common with the direct quotes in the first two paraghraphs.
-Those words are compared to the quotes in the first two paragraphs because they are saying that south Sudan is their home, the place where they belong, and the place that they want to fight for. 8. Explain mutual reliance in the context of this article.
-Mutual reliance is when two sides are interdependent of each other. Where there is a relationship where each member is evenly dependant on the other. 9. How does the author use the sentence that begins paraghraph six?
- The sentence is saying that it is obvious that Sudan should be divided, but it’s not possible to just draw a line between the north and the south. It requires negotiating...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document