School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Bachelor of Business Administration
Assignment & Presentation (September 2013)
BBA 1107 Business Information Systems
Due Date :
1. This is a compulsory individual assignment report. Length of your report should not be more than 2,000 words.
2. You are required to submit (i) a printed hardcopy, and (ii) a softcopy of your report in Microsoft Word 2010 A4 paper format. Use this sheet as the report cover page with your name and matric number printed.
3. The deadline for submission is by 5:00pm on 8th January 2014.
Late submission will not be accepted.
4. Plagiarism is considered as a serious academic offence. No marks will be awarded for plagiarised work.
5. You will be given 8 minutes to present your assignment on Week 14 onwards.
6. You are required to submit (iii) a softcopy of your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 format on your presentation day.
Page 2 of 4
Question (100 Marks)
“Mobile Internet Devices such as smartphones and tablets are dominating consumer market at the beginning of this decade. According to Gartner, worldwide smartphone sales totaled 225 million units in the second quarter of 2013 with Google Android (79%), Apple iOS (14.2%) and Microsoft Windows Phone (3.3%) representing the top three smartphone operating systems. Mobile computing has played an essential role in customer service, enterprise communication and collaboration.”
Imagine you are working as an IT manager for a new organisation initiative listed below, you are asked to evaluate the values of bringing mobile computing technologies in improving overall customer experience and employees’ productivity at work.
M-learning for a university
Passenger management for an international airport
Telehealth for a private specialist hospital