• Understanding Ethics
• Managing Business Ethics
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Complexity of Ethical Issues
• Ethical Leadership
• Evaluation of Corporate Governance
• Internal & External Corporate Governance mechanisms
• Corporate Governance Ratings
• Fundamental beliefs
• Principles for good, right and just
• Evaluate something vis-à-vis a
• Integrity, Patriotism, Fairness
• Values attributing to a system of beliefs • Values derived from a higher authority • Religious system or political system
• Greek word “ethos” meaning character • Right and wrong conduct
• Studies moral behavior and how one should act
• a set of concepts and principles that guide us in determining what behavior helps or harms others
• Study and examination of moral and social responsibility in relation to
- business practices
- decision-making in business
Ethical Business Practices (1 of 2)
Ensuring safety of their money and timely payment of interest.
Provision of fair opportunities in promotions and training, good working environment and timely payment of salaries.
Complete information of the service and product should be made available.
Personal information of
OCSthe customers should not
Ethical Business Practices (2 of 2)
Unscrupulous tactics, competitor bashing and wrong methods should be avoided while handling competitors. • Government:
Rules and regulations regarding taxes, duties, restrictive and monopolistic trade practices and unlawful activities like corruption and bribing should be adhered to.
Polluting industries should ensure compliance
• Certain actions are absolutely right or wrong
• Consequences or intentions are irrelevant • Eg. Stealing
• A principle which never ought to be violated OCS