• Verbal communication is where somebody talks face to face with the audience and could also include eye contact and body movements, Wilberforce use verbal communication in a full range of things one example been a English teacher reading out a poem.
• Written communication is in the form of physical symbols called words. It doesn’t have to be words though, in the broader sense it could be things such as diagrams and charts. So therefore all visual or numerical representation can be included. One example of Wilberforce using written communication is information booklets about the college. Onscreen
• Onscreen communication is a combination of many things for example a PowerPoint, this uses a range of texts, graphics, animation and sometimes Video’s. Wilberforce use onscreen communication in presentations, usually when promoting themselves to an audience. Multi-media
• Multi-media are multiple forms of media incorporated together. The Media could be a range of things such as texts, audio, graphics and animation, which is just a couple of the many things media could be. So therefore multimedia could be on a webpage about Messi where there is a video clip of him and also audio in the background of the webpage. This links quite nicely with onscreen media and again Wilberforce may use this in presentations when promoting themselves to a particular target audience. Web based
• Web-based communication is the use of internet, this goes hand in hand with multimedia technology as it displays the many benefits of it. The internet can be used around the world and is particularly helpful as the information can be received and read wherever you want. Wilberforce may use this to try to get a sponsor to sponsor them from different countries around the world, They may send a virtual video or even a PowerPoint trying to sell themselves to the target audience
Name: Tom Hall