5.1 Refusal Skills – Work File
Read each of the case studies located on the activities page in the 5.1 assignment and choose one of the case studies to complete the refusal sequence.
Using the refusal skills sequence, complete the case scenario by indicating how you would refuse to be involved in the situation. Include all eight steps of the refusal sequence, and use the format indicated below for each step.
(List the step then the action)
Answer the reflection question below the eight steps.
1. What are they asking me to do and why?
They are asking me to participate in an activity that is illegal and against my personal values.
(Double space after each answer.)
Case Study Number ____1________
1. What are they asking me to do and why? (10 points)
Go for a ride with them. To do something bad.
2. Label what they are asking you to do (i.e. illegal, dangerous, etc.). (10 points)
dangerous, and illegal
3. Determine the consequences if you get caught or if you participate in this activity. (10 points)
You can be grounded or possibly arrested.
4. Communicate my refusal. (10 points)
i don't want my parents to be angry with me, sorry.
5. Say no. (10 points)
i'm sorry but no I can't
6. Use "I" statements. (10 points)
i think ill go home and order pizza.
7. Suggest an alternative. (10 points)
im going to the movies tomorrow, you could come if you'd like to.
8. Leave the scene and avoid questionable places. (10 points) find other friends at the mall and stick with them.
1. Explain how healthy behaviors and choices can positively affect your health status and how unhealthy behaviors and choices will negatively affect your health status. (10 points) if you choose healthy chooses then you will be trusted by family, friends, etc. however if you make bad choices you will not be trusted and probably in jail or have no life ahead of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document