B. Motivate audience to listen/Relevance – Throughout a lifetime, each of us will have experiences that result in these injuries, whether we are cooking, riding a bike, or walking down the street. Accidents can happen.
C. Establish Credibility – As a wild child, I grew up with a lot of cuts and scrapes. With these experiences, I learned there is a proper way to treat these injuries.
D. Present Thesis Statement – Today, I will show you how to take care of cuts and scrapes the right way.
E. Preview Main Points – More specifically, I will show you an easy three step process: preparation, cleaning, and …show more content…
The most important thing to do is wash your hands before and after the procedure.
2. Next, use protective gear such as vinyl latex gloves or a face mask. They prevent the exchange of bodily fluids, which can spread germs or bacteria. Transition: Once you have taken the necessary precautions, let’s move on to handling the wound itself. B. The next step in the process is to treat the injury.
1. In these situations there will be blood, so we have to stop the bleeding before we can start cleaning.
2. First, apply direct pressure to the wound with an absorbance material such as a gauze, napkin, paper towel, or a piece of clothing.
3. The pressure will slow the flow of bleeding, help the blood clot, and eventually stop the bleeding altogether.
4. According to WebMD, another thing you can do is raise the wound above the heart because it uses gravity to slow the flow of blood away from the injury sight.
5. Once the bleeding has stopped, we can remove the material and clean the wound under running water.
6. In some cases, you can use hydrogen peroxide as well.
7. For example, if you fall on the dirt and get a cut, it can kill bacteria and germs.
8. Then dry the wound to prevent a wet