1. The primary goal of the Bloc Quebecois is an independent Quebec.
2. The Bloc Quebecois intend to create an independent health care system, run by Quebec. They promise to maintain universal health care.
3. The majority of Bloc Quebecois MPs are in favors of allowing same-sex couples to marry. The Bloc Quebecois have promised to allow a free vote in Parliament on the issue.
4. The Bloc Quebecois has suggested that the Canadian military be devoted to peacekeeping missions.
5. The Bloc Quebecois favors decriminalization of small amounts of marijuana.
6. The Bloc Quebecois sees the rehabilitation of young offenders as a priority.
7. The Bloc Quebecois favors maintaining the Gun Registry.
8. The main goal of the Bloc Quebecois is to promote sovereignty and create a country called Quebec.
9. The Bloc Quebecois proposes that Quebec should recover millions of dollars paid in taxes to Ottawa because the two levels of government have resulted in the duplication of many services.
10. The Bloc supports economic growth while practicing environmental responsibility. They would ratify the Kyoto Protocol.
11. Education is a priority for the Bloc Quebecois. They would lobby Ottawa to increase transfers for post-secondary education.
12. The Bloc wants the federal government to make fiscal transfers to Quebec so the province can implement and maintain parental-leave and compassionate-leave programs and low-cost daycare systems.
The Bloc Quebecois is a federal political party in Canada. They were officially formed on June 5, 1991. The party was formed by members of parliament who defected from Progressive Conservative Party and Liberal Party. The BQ founder was Lucien Bouchard. The BQ currently has 4 seats in the House of Commons. Their current leader is Daniel Paille. http://www.scribd.com/doc/19441435/The-Bloc-Quebecois-Party "We, the people of Quebec, declare it our own will