Biology Long-Term Independent Project
* Due: Wednesday, April 13, 2011.
* Rough Drafts of Papers (optional) due: Monday, April 4, 2011.
* Paper should be 10-12 pages in length, typed, double-spaced. Use Font Size 10 and Times New Roman.
* The paper is due on April 13, and is worth 50% of your fourth quarter grade. Failure to pass the paper in on this due date will result in a 0 on this project paper, and no excuses will be accepted.
If you are out sick, either e-mail me the paper, or have a parent drop the paper off at the school.
If you are leaving early for April vacation, then the paper must be passed in before you leave school and go on vacation. The paper will not be accepted after vacation if you forget to pass it in.
No excuses will be accepted for computer or printer issues. The paper should not be done the day before it is due, and then you encounter issues. If you have a problem with your computer, either set aside time to type the paper at school or save it on a USB stick and have me print it out before Wednesday, April 13. Bring in computer paper to print off the long-term project paper.
* Discussion Section of the Paper: 1-2 pages in length.
a). Use the results to explain the outcome of your experiment. b). Was the hypothesis true or false ? Explain using information from your experiment and from the background paper to back up your reasonings. c). Do the results lead you to different conclusions than what you expected ? d). Indicate the overall outcome of the experiment.
e). Conclusion: How can you improve upon your experiment ?
What factors could you change to make the experiment more viable ?
If the hypothesis was true or false: What can you do to change the experiment around (changes in the procedure, what you are testing…..) ?...
Bibliography: 10). Style and Format
Please join StudyMode to read the full document