Biodegradable Plastic From Gabi Leaves
By: Mickaela Olan
• A plastic material is any of a wide range of synthetic or semi-synthetic organic solids that are moldable. Plastics are typically organic polymers of high molecular mass, but they often contain other substances.
They are usually synthetic, most commonly derived from petrochemicals, but many are partially natural.
ADVANTAGES OF PLASTIC:
• Advantages of plastic are light in weight.
• They can be easily moulded and have excellent finishing.
• They possess very good strength and toughness. They possess good shock absorption capacity.
• Advantages of plastic are corrosion resistant and chemically inert.
• They have low thermal expansion of co-efficient and possess good thermal and electrical insulating property.
• Advantages of plastic is very good water resistant and possess good adhesiveness. • Plastic is strong, good and cheap to produce.
• Plastic is a recycling process and it does not decompose.
• Plastic bottles can be reused and restored over again and again.
• Plastic is one of the unbreakable.
• Plastic is an odourless.
• Plastic is used for building, construction, electronics, packaging
(gladwrap) and transportation industries.
• Used to make - Water bottles, pens, plastic bags, cups etc.
• Advantages of plastic are Very cheap to make.
• Chemical resistance.
• Advantages of plastic are used to produce another product.
• Used to reduce soil and wind erosion.
DISADVANTAGES OF PLASTICS:
• Plastic is a nonrenewable resources.
• Plastic is softness.
• causes CANCER
• Disadvantage of plastics are embrittlement at low temperature.
• Disadvantage of plastics are deformation under load.
• Disadvantage of plastics are low heat resistant and poor ductility. • Disadvantage of plastics are combustibility.
• Produces toxic fumes when it is burnt
• It is a recycle process, but it is very costly.
• Biodegradable plastics break down (degrade)