2. Color vision receptors are known as ________ .
3. The posterior pituitary gland secretes __ _ and ___ _. 4. The adult pineal gland is a small, shriveled remnant of the child's.
5. In the blood hydrophillic hormones are often bound to transport proteins.
6. People with Type I diabetes mellitus have normal insulin levels.
7. Taste cells are not neurons.
8. Hypoglycemic hormones are secreted in response to excessively low blood glucose levels.
9. Suppose you were …show more content…
B. macula utriculi.
C. macula sacculi.
D. semicircular ducts.
E. spiral organ.
10. Receptors that respond intensely but then reduce their firing frequency even if the stimulus remains, are called
C. phasic receptors.
D. tonic receptors.
E. somesthetic receptors
11. Which of the following hormones passes through the hypothalamo-hypophyseal portal system?
A. antidiuretic hormone
B. prolactin-inhibiting hormone
C. adrenocorticotropic hormone
D. luteinizing hormone
E. thyroid-stimulating hormone
12. Destruction of the α cells of the pancreas would cause a loss of ___ secretion.
13. The threshold for this taste is the lowest for any of the tastes.
14. In females, the luteinizing hormone (LH) stimulates _____, while in males, LH stimulates ______.
A. development of eggs; sperm production
B. development of eggs; secretion of testosterone
C. secretion of estrogen/progesterone; sperm production
D. secretion of estrogen/progesterone; secretion of