Biker Gangs: the Outlaws Mc

Topics: Hells Angels, Outlaws Motorcycle Club, Bandidos Pages: 4 (1431 words) Published: August 18, 2010
The Outlaws MC:
“God forgives, Outlaws Don’t” is the motto for one of America’s oldest and more notorious biker clubs, the Outlaws. The gang began it root in Matilda’s Bar on Route 66 in McCook, ILL in 1935. Since the start of the club chapters or local gang have spread widely across the United Stated and have established themselves in other countries such as Australia, Europe and South America. History:

The Outlaws first began in 1935 prior to World War Two in McCook, Illinois just outside of Chicago. The club managed to stay intact during the war but the clubs activities were very limited. In the 1950’s the club grew immensely in size and with new members coming from all over the Chicago area the Outlaws moved from the small town of McCook and re-established themselves in Chicago. With the new change of location the Outlaws also changes their name from the McCook Outlaws to the Chicago Outlaws as well as updating their logo. The original sign of an Outlaw was a winged motorcycle this was replaced with a small skull. But after the 1954 movie “The Wild One” starring Marlon Brando the club would enlarge the skull and add a set of crossed pistons. In 1960 the A.M.A. or American Motorcycle Association, which supervises all official races in the United States banned the word outlaws from all race clothing. Then on the first of January in 1965 the American Outlaws Association (A.O.A.) was born along with the first true 1%ers motorcycle club. These 1%ers differed from the rest of Americas motor cycle riders, the 99% who carry respectable careers and obey the law. The Outlaws believed in acting a pirates and mafia members. Take what you want and do whatever you have to too get it. ( outlawsmc)

Becoming a member: Outlaw members must be male, at least 21 years old and own an American-made motorcycle 750cc’s or above. You must also be Caucasian in United States to be accepted as a member. Prospective members are first considered “hang-around” or associate members....

Cited: Gould, Richard. "Outlaws: Feds Blasted Our Buildings." Hickory Daily Record (2010). Print.
"History." The Outlaws MC Official Site. N.p., June 2010. Web. 5 Aug. 2010. .
"Drug and Crime Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Profile." National Drug Intelligence Center. U.S. Department of Justice, Oct. 2002. Web. 5 Aug. 2010. .
United States v. Bowman. No. 01-14305 20 Aug. 2002
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Biker Gangs Essay
  • Essay on Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs
  • Responses to Outlaw motorcycle gangs Essay
  • Hitory of Biker Gangs Essay
  • Essay on Outlaw Motorcycle Gang: Prospecting
  • Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs Law Reform Essay
  • Gender Roles Played in an Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Essay
  • gangs Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free