ORIGINAL INVENTION AND PATENTS
• Its was invented in 1817 by Baron Von Drais made entirely out of wood.
• The product was originally made with two same-save in-line wheels, the front one steerable, mounted in a frame which
• The machine became known as the Draisienne or hobby
• Some patents of a bicycle is ones that are electric, pedal powdered and so forth.
THE BICYCLES TIMELINE
•1817—Draisienne or the "Running Machine": Invented by Barn Karl von Drais, Germany; This machine was less like a bicycle, in the modern sense of the word. It did have a typical bicycle frame and two wheels, but it was propelled by walking (apparently the bicycle allowed more of a gliding walk), as opposed to peddling.
•1860s—Velocipede or Boneshaker: Two-wheeled bicycle with pedals and cranks on the front wheel. It was known as the bone shaker because the combination of a wood frame and metal tires made for a very uncomfortable ride over cobblestone streets.
•1885—Rover Safety bicycle: Invented by John Kemp Starely, England; Featured a strong enough metal to make a chain, plus it had two same-sized wheels and a similar frame to todayâ€™s bicycles.
•1940s—Built-in kickstands developed.
•1996—Mountain bicycles appear in the Olympics
MAJOR CHANGES OF THE BICYCLE
• Some major changes of the bicycle is that its made entirely on metal now.
• It also has breaks now and has pedals, therefore, its powered by the pedal.
• It has an adjustable seat and a more functional seat.
• The tires are also rubber not wood.
• It has a kick stand to hold the bike up when its not being ridden’.
• The global impact the bike has on society and America today is that it gives people with no rides a ride.
• It’s a toy for children. To me every child needs to know how to drive one.
• Its been an essential for the people who live in a big city and can walk/ride anywhere.
• It saves money if you commute by riding on a bicycle because you don’t have to continuously put gas in it.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document