Food Processing Kitchen (Commissary Kitchen)
- In large operations, it is a kitchen for the processing of all vegetables, salads and fruits
- Purpose: to wash peel and sanitize and cut all raw products, increase hygienic and sanitary standards of a kitchen, reduce waste
Cold/Pantry Kitchen (Garde Manger)
- Produces all cold food items – salads, dressings, cold platters, terrines, pates, sushi/sashimi, cheese, fruits,etc.
- If there is no in-house butchery, also responsible for processing and portioning all meat, fish and seafood items
- In charge of processing and portioning all meat, fish, and seafood
- In large operations, it will also produce processed meats and seafood items such as sausages, smoked ham, cooked ham, smoked fish and seafood, etc.
- In charge of producing hot dishes for the various outlets, hot basic sauces for all operations
- If there is no banquet kitchen, it will also produce the hot food for banquet and catering functions
- May also provide the staff food in certain operations
- Generally, is a finishing kitchen – a satellite kitchen for garnishing, final sauces and service
- Large operations may have this as a full kitchen
- Generally, finishing kitchens, except specialty kitchens such as Western Fine Dining, Japanese, Chinese, etc.
- Coffee Shop Classified here.
Room Service Kitchen
- Room service food is generally provided by individual restaurant kitchens
- Larger operations have a separate room service kitchen
- Offer a la carte items from all their restaurants
- Large operations generally have a small staff canteen
- Partly supported by the main kitchen, cold kitchen, and butchery. Pastry and bakery provide desserts and breads.
- In charge of producing all types of cold, warm and frozen desserts (pralines, cookies, sugar work, marzipan work, etc.)
- In charge of all