The Miraculous Banana and Its Peel. Photo © Liesl Clark
The banana peel, like coffee grounds, tea leaves, and orange peels has a lot of beneficial qualities that’ll make you think twice the next time you toss it in the trash. We’ve gathered 20 of the best banana peel uses for you to try:
1) Shoe Polish: Did you know banana peels (on the inside) make a great shoe polish? Just rub it around your shoe and then buff it with a white cloth.
2) Teeth Whitener: Rub the inside of your banana peel on your teeth to whiten them. Apparently, the manganese, magnesium and potassium helps whiten the enamel of your teeth.
3) Wart Cure: It only takes 1-2 weeks to remove a wart with a banana peel.
4) Itch Soother: Banana peels can help relieve bug bites and poison ivy. It won’t remove the oils that cause the itching but it’ll soothe the bite or rash altogether.
5) Monkey Party: Have a Curious George party and put 30 peels on your deck for the kids to slip around on!
6) Silverware Polish: Blend banana peel with water and use on your silver to take the polish off with a soft cloth.
7) Meat tenderizer: Add a banana peel to your next roast and it’ll add just enough moisture to ensure that roast doesn’t get too dry.
8) Splinter Removal: Banana peels help ease splinters out of your skin. Place banana peel on a splinter with athletic tape for a while and then try to ease the splinter out.
9) Aphid Control: Aphids don’t like banana peels. If you bury some around your roses or other plants aphids love (like cauliflower), you’ll deter them from coming around. Or, try this garlic/banana peel spray for aphids.
10) Rose Food: Here are a few great recipes for feeding your roses with banana peels that are rich in calcium and magnesium, as well as many other trace minerals that your flowers love.
11) Bruise Patrol: Banana peels on the inside, if rubbed on a bruise, will aid in making it disappear.
12) Compost: Banana peels break down pretty quickly and add...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document