College of Business
Assignment for course: Scmn 5710
Submitted to: Dr. Rao
Submitted by: Parker Altman
Date of Submission: 10/10/12
Title of Assignment: Bamboo House
CERTIFICATION OF AUTHORSHIP: I certify that I am the author of this paper and that any assistance I received in its preparation is fully acknowledged and disclosed in the paper. I have also cited any sources from which I used data, ideas or words, either quoted directly or paraphrased. I also certify that this paper was prepared by me specifically for this course. Sign Parker Altman
Discuss the significance of Queuing Theory. What are the different types of queuing systems? (Max 300 words - 25% of grade). Queuing theory is the mathematical study of waiting lines, using models to show results, and show opportunities, within arrival, service, and departure processes. Using queuing theory a company is able to significantly improve their customer service. There is an increasing service delay in the system as it gets more and more congested. Queuing theory provides all of the tools that one would need for analysis. Types of Queuing systems
* Single channel single phase
* A truck that is unloading shipment into a single dock. * Single line multiple phase
* McDonalds drive-thru where you have an order and then a pay/pickup window. * Multiple line single phase
* Walgreens pharmacy with two lines where you can order or pick up. * Multiple line multiple phase
* Security at an airport usually has multiple lines and multiple phases.
Examine the importance of queuing system configurations (Max 300 words - 25%) There are three types of queuing configurations that are most commonly used. The common configurations are multiple queue, single queue and first come first serve. Each configuration can be preferred depending on different situations. Multiple queue
Multiple queue is...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document