Select the best answer. 3 Points each.
1. In the 1980’s, Xerox studied the distribution system of L.L. Bean. Xerox compared the performance of it’s distribution system with L.L. Bean’s and used what it learned to improve its operations. This process is called a. employee empowerment b. benchmarking c. copycatting d. industrial espionage
2. You are auditing account transactions. You develop a p-chart for the percent of accounts transactions that have at least 1 error. You examine 200 transactions every day for 20 days. In total, there are 180 account transactions that have at least 1 error. The …show more content…
Which of the following is not an advantage of a virtual company? a. total control over every aspect of the organization b. low capital investment c. flexibility d. speed
9. The Wallace, Co. changed its relationships with its customers when it began to implement the Baldrige criteria. Which of the following was not one of the changes described? a. They performed channel assembly for their customers b. They began to ask the customer, “What do you want?” c. They inventoried parts for some of their customers. d. They created partnering relationships with some of their customers.
10. A fried chicken fast-food chain that acquired feed mills and poultry farms has performed a. horizontal integration b. vertical integration c. current transformation d. job expansion
11. A hotel reservation center has decided to implement statistical process control to monitor the average time for a customer to make a reservation. Over the last 20 days, they have randomly sampled 5 calls and measured the time required to complete the reservation. What is the most appropriate chart(s)? a. p-chart b. [pic]-chart and R