ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
1. Which international standards organization is part of the United Nations?
International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
2. What does “ISO” stand for? International Organization for Standardization.
3. Which organization represents the United States in ISO?
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
4. Which technology is standardized in the IEEE 802.5 specification? Information technology Telecommunications and information exchange between system Local and metropolitan area networks Specific requirements .Token Ring Access Method and Physical Layer Specification.
5. Which technology is standardized in the IEEE 802.3 specification?
Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Detection (CSMA/CD) Access Method and Physical Layer Specifications-Media Access Control (MAC) Parameters, Physical Layer and Management Parameters for 10 Gb/s Operation.
6. Which layer of the OSI Model provides file transfer services?
7. Netscape is an example of a program that runs in the Application layer. True or False?
8. Which layer of the OSI Model establishes the rules of communication between two nodes?
9. In which layer of the OSI Model do switches and bridges belong?
Data Link Layer.
10. In which layer of the OSI Model do routers belong?
11. In which two layers of the OSI Model do NICs belong?
Data Link and Physical Layer.
12. What standards organization developed the OSI Model?
International Organization for Standardization.
13. Under what circumstances would the Network layer use segmentation?
Thee Network layer would need to segment data into smaller blocks if it detected that the destination node could not,accept. The size of the data blocks transmitted by the sourse node.
14. Generating and detecting voltage so as to transmit and