1. Get Perl Installer as from http://www.activestate.com/store/download.aspx?prdGUID=81fbce82-6bd5-49bc-a915-08d58c2648ca
The file name is ActivePerl-22.214.171.1249-i686-linux-glibc-2.2.4-gcc-267479.tar.gz
2. Unzip the file to the folder /root/ActivePerl_5.8
3. Execute the following command from command prompt in the directory /root/ActivePerl_5.8 to install
./install Please modify your startup environment by adding:
/root/ActivePerl_5.8/bin to PATH
/root/ActivePerl_5.8/man to MANPATH
5. Download awstats-6.6.tar.gz from http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ and unzip the file to "/root/Awstats_6.6"
6. From the command prompt execute the following command from the directory /root/Awstats_6.6/tools
7. It will ask the following question.
Do you want to continue setup from this NON standard directory [yN] ? Type y in order to specify our own directory.
8. Next it will ask for config file path of web server. Enter the following path.
9. Next it will ask this question "Do you want me to build a new AWStats config/profile file (required if first install) [y/N] ? " IF it is first install, type 'y'
10. Next it will ask for virtual server name... Give the name as per standard. Ex., jrapport.
11. Next it will ask for the path to store the configuration file. Type the follwing path.
Give the following path "/root/Awstats_6.6/conf" (Make sure that it exists.) Also check whether a new file with name awstats..conf is generated. In our case, the file name is awstats.jrapport.conf has been generated.
12. Open the file '/root/Awstats_6.6/conf/awstats.jrapport.conf' and search for 'Logfile'
For that give the file path where the apache access log is present. Example:
Now check DirData and make sure the path shown exists.
if it doent that either create one or give a Path of your choice. We gave:
References: 1. http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_setup.html
Please join StudyMode to read the full document