Australian Automative Industry Marketing Report

Topics: Automobile, Ford Motor Company, Vehicle Pages: 8 (2530 words) Published: February 5, 2013
Executive summary:
This Minor Assignment - Stream 1 is based on a business formulated report discussing the Australian Automotive Industry, and includes a general description of the industry, such as production details, major players, etc. This report will also attempt to identify and cover the microenvironmental and macroenvironmental forces affecting the industry and the likely consequences as a result of these forces. It is hoped that through this minor assignment and by investigating the automotive industry, a broad knowledge of the industry mentioned will be gained, an understanding of how the micro and macroenvironmental forces can and might affect the industry and thus enhance, improve and build my marketing skills. The aim of this assignment is also to provide an insight into how marketing can impact and influence us, in turn how we as the public community can influence others both now and in the future. Contents

Executive Summary
1. Introduction
2. Industry Description
2.1. Sales
2.2. Production
2.3. Automotive Trade (Imports and Exports)
TABLE: 1 - Major Importers to Australia
TABLE: 2 - Major Exports of Australian Vehicles and Automotive components 2.4. Employment
2.5. Research and Development
3. Micro-macroenvironments
3.1. Microenvironment
3.1.1. Consumers/Customers
3.1.2. Suppliers
3.1.3. Competition
GRAPH: 1 - Major Players
3.2 Macroenvironment
3.2.1 Economic Pressures
3.2.2 Technological Changes
3.2.3 Demographic Forces
4. Conclusion

Motor vehicle industry
1. Introduction:
The Motor Vehicle Industry is a large and complex enterprise which not only consists of the manufacture and sales of passenger vehicles, but also the manufacture and sales of commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, planes, motor vehicle components, vehicle body manufacturing, automotive electrical/instrument manufacturing, engines and motor cycles. This vast industry produces, sells, imports and exports motor vehicles from passenger vehicles to vans, sports and luxury cars. It also comprises services ranging from repairs and safety tests to insurance, design, research and development. The major market segmentation includes private buyers, government fleet purchasers, business fleet purchasers and buyers of heavy industrial vehicles. This industry, however, is affected and influenced by many factors outside the control of the industry. These factors include the micro and macroenvironments. 2. Industry description:

2.1. Sales:
Currently the Australian automotive industry has grown significantly over the years, with a 12% increase in vehicle sales, totalling 807,669 units in 1998 compared to 85,000 units in 1997. Within this 12% there was an increase of 23% in commercial vehicles, 35% in wagons, and passenger vehicles increased 8% (10% of passenger vehicles was due to an increase in small cars, and 9% due to increase in the upper medium sector). This was significant as the passenger motor vehicle manufacturing segment represents 78% of Australia's key product segment, with the other 22% being represented by the freight bus manufacturing segment. 2.2. Production:

Production in the motor vehicle industry occurs nation-wide, with Victoria producing and manufacturing 47.3%, NSW 14.3%, Queensland 18.8%, SA 8.9% WA 9.8% and the Northern Territory producing 0.9%. However, the market size for the Australian motor vehicle manufacturing industry only consists of 80 organizations, of which less than 24% of people employed in the manufacturing sector produce automotive equipment. 2.3. Automotive trade (import and exports):

Imports of vehicles and components occur nationally, with major importers being Japan, Republic of Korea, Germany and the United Stated. In the year ending 1999, imports had risen 7.9% as a result of strong demand for imported vehicles (6% increase in the demand for imported vehicles domestically). However, there was only a 0.9% increase in production of motor vehicle and automotive...

Bibliography: 2. Bradmore, D., Joy, S., Kimberly, C. and Walker, I. (1998) Marketing Visions: Readings in Marketing (2nd Ed) , Prentice Hall of Australia: Sydney
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • report marketing Essay
  • Marketing and White Goods Industry Essay
  • Essay about Marketing Case Report
  • Direct Marketing report Essay
  • Australian Wine Industry Report Essay
  • Marketing Essay
  • marketing Essay
  • marketing Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free