Australia Post- Finance Report
1. Identify the Head Corporation of Australia Post for Annual Report of 2011.
The Head corporation of Australia Post is Australian Postal Corporation formerly known as Australian Postal Commission.
2. Identify the jointly controlled entities held by Australia Post at 30th June 2011. List the percentage of ownership interest.
Australia Post has number of subsidiary and joint venture with national and international entities.
Entities | Parent Shareholders | Outside Equity Interest | | Direct | Indirect | Direct | Indirect | | % | % | % | % | Australia Post (Parent) | 100 | | | | AUX (parent and subsidiary) | 50 | | 50 | | Star track express | | 50 | | 50 | Australia Air express | | 50 | | 50 | Wetherill park Partnership | 50 | | 50 | | Sai Cheng Logistics International Company Limited | 49 | | 51 | |
3. Australia Post holds a fifty percent investment in AUX Investments. What are the two business operations owned by AUX Investments. Australia post holds a fifty percent investment in AUX Investments. AUX holds 100% investment in * Australian air Express, Australia 's leading domestic express air freight service company. * Star Track Express, a premier road express transport and logistics solutions provider.
4. Using the table as a guide, demonstrate your understanding of the ownership structure for AUX Investments. You may also like to show by illustration, the corporate group. AUX investments holds other two entities. Following diagram is illustrating the corporate group.
Star Track Express
Australia Air Express 50% 50%
5. Australia Post impaired their investment in Wetherill Park Partnership.
(a) How much was the impairment for the year ended 30th June 2011. Australia Post impaired their investment in
References: www.auspost.com.au www.securepay.com.au www.startrackexpress.com.au www.aae.com.au www.heraldsun.com.au/business http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Post http://www.smh.com.au/business www.google.com.au