AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
STUDENTS EXTERNAL ATTACHMENT
DURATION: 8 WEEKS
THE LOG BOOK
1. INTRODUCTION This log book is to assist the student to keep a record of the training. It will show the departments and sections in which the student has worked and the periods of time spent in each.
2. DAILY REPORT The daily work carried out during the periods of training is to be recorded clearly with sketches and diagrams where applicable.
3. WEEKLY REPORT This is a summary of work done in a week and should cover theory/practical report on the work covered. Students are required to present the log-book weekly to the industry based supervisor for assessment of content and progress. The Supervisor can use any page for his comments where necessary.
4. CHANGE OF ATTACHMENT A student is expected to start and finish his/her industrial attachment in one establishment. If it becomes absolutely necessary that he/she must change his/her place of attachment, the student should first secure permission in writing from the University. His/her application for change of place of attachment should indicate the name, the postal address, telephone contacts of the Company or industry to which he/she wishes to transfer. Any attachment not properly authorized will be canceled.
5. COLLEGE SUPERVISOR'S VISIT The training Supervisor of the JKUAT will check the log-book when he/she visits the industry/project to ensure that the proper training is being received, and record his/her comment on the page provided for this purpose, towards the end of the book.
6. SPECIAL REQUEST FOR THE INDUSTRY-BASED SUPERVISOR Please assess the student as per assessment form provided.
7. REPORT WRITING In addition to the daily and weekly record the student should submit a summary report of the work done during the attachment duration e.g. full coverage of