2- New ileostomy, teaching---My stoma will drain fluid continuously
3) Uterus is boggy---Massage the fundus
6) Motor Vehicle Crash---apply direct pressure, cover wounds with sterile dressing, last date of tetanus vaccine. (A, D, E)
8- Highest priority--- pt wearing arm cast and reports numb fingers
9- Carbs should be at least 45% caloric intake
10- Attend to first---client who was admitted with angina and reports left arm pain of 4 on a scale of 0 to 10.
10) Son wants everything for his father---we have to honor your fathers wishes
11- Infection control precautions----herpes simplex
11) disorganized, incoherent speech, loose association---schizophrenia
13- DM, Glipizide (Glucotrol), report----Palpitations
14) Respiratory syncytial virus---use designated stethoscope
14- Post traumatic stress disorder, finding---loss of interest in usual activities.
15- Bladder irrigation w TURP---apply sterile gloves.
16- Celebrex----decrease in pain
16) Plan to assess first---a pt w/ hip arthroplasty reports pain and erythema on calf
17- Management skills of new LPN, intervene----works on several tasks simultaneously
18- phototherapy lights----ensure eye shield is covering lights
19- DNR, I wonder when the DR will tell us whats going on----ask the family what the provider has discussed with them.
20- 7mo old, severe dehydration---flat anterior fontanel
21) first dose of Lisinopril---standby assist when pt gets up from bed
22- RhoGAM---you should receive Rhogam within 72hrs of delivery
23- myocardial infarction---troponin I (TNI)
24- Liver biopsy, signed consent----I will be able to go home after I recover from general anesthesia